– Do you get pleasure from making unique designs and seeing them come to life as completed merchandise?
– Do you want working in an setting the place you and your abilities are appreciated and valued?
– Do you thrive in a high-stress setting stuffed with political infighting, forms, and company nonsense?
In that case, then we’re the place for you, besides you would possibly hate how good of an organization we’ve got – stuffed with pleased, typically competent folks that don’t put up with jerks. Frankly, it makes me sick how good everyone seems to be.
We’re distant full time, have very versatile hours, persons are judged by their output, not by how a lot they suck as much as the boss, and turnover is tremendous low as a result of the corporate believes that pleased staff=pleased clients=pleased checking account. Merely disgusting, if you happen to ask me.
–Is that this an actual job advert?–
Yup! Amazingly sufficient, we truly paid cash to put up this on a bunch of various job websites. And it’s not even a pyramid scheme! Plus, get this: the proprietor simply began paying our 30+ staff with cash as a substitute of Pizza Hut coupons – we’re huge time, individuals.
Our careers web page is definitely value testing to be taught extra about how insane we’re:
–What do you guys do?–
Our enterprise includes taking random merchandise after which advertising and marketing the heck out of them, totally on Amazon. We now have lots of of SKUs in the mean time and are launching round 10-20 new merchandise each single month. A small sampling:
We wish to launch as many merchandise as we are able to. Our enterprise is rising quickly yearly, and it’s our intention to proceed that for so long as doable, which implies we want good individuals to assist us sustain with the expansion.
–What’s your organization like?–
1. Full Time Distant/Versatile Hours. You’ll be working from dwelling in your pajamas, in your schedule. And we don’t care if you happen to work 10 hour days Four days per week or wish to make amends for the weekend. As long as you set your hours in and get your work finished, we’re pleased.
2. Full Work/Life Stability. When you’re routinely working greater than 45ish hours, you’re gonna get a pleasant talking-to. We would like you to be working at 100% capability, which implies that it is advisable relaxation.
3. You Can Be Your self. You don’t should placed on a faux, skilled face. You’ll be able to simply be your self. You’ll be able to speak smack to the CEO, and nobody will assume something of it.
4. Main Alternatives for Profession Development. We aren’t making an attempt to only be a small enterprise. We plan to be doing $100 million yearly within the subsequent few years. We promote rapidly as soon as we establish expertise. It doesn’t matter what your credentials are – it issues what you get finished.
5. Strongly Anti-BS. Anyone within the firm can (and is predicted to) inform the CEO when he’s fallacious. There aren’t any bureaucratic or BS guidelines getting in the way in which of getting work finished.
6. No Micro-Administration. When you’re skilled and have demonstrated you realize your stuff, we’re fairly hands-off. In truth, if you happen to want exterior administration to remain on-task and motivated, we most likely aren’t the place for you.
7. Supportive Surroundings. We don’t function by way of intense stress or unreasonable top-down deadlines. Everybody desires you to achieve success – inside politics are at a minimal right here.
8. No Poisonous Individuals Allowed. We strive very exhausting to display screen out imply individuals earlier than they get in, however in case they slip by way of, we fireplace them rapidly. Think about by no means having to work together with poisonous individuals at work – how good would that be?
9. We’ll Spend money on Your Coaching. We would like you and everybody to get higher continuously. You’ll be studying new issues on a regular basis, and are strongly inspired to speculate time every single day to be taught new issues, enhance your system/work course of, and simply typically attempt to make your life simpler.
10. 4+ Weeks Trip. We 100% need you to recharge, so having loads of day off is totally value it.
–What are your organization’s values?–
Sure, these are legitimately our values. The careers web page is unquestionably value testing – it’s not simply regular company BS. We promise you’ll be taught quite a bit about us.
–What’s going to I truly be doing?–
Tremendous brief model:
We just lately began our personal in-house Print Store. For now, we’re specializing in making stickers however finally we are going to department out into different printing classes. You’ll be liable for creating quite a lot of high-quality product designs and utilizing suggestions to make revisions as wanted to create a top-notch completed product that can make us some huge cash.
Here’s a bulleted checklist of obligations:
– Work from a prioritized checklist of product concepts and make 2-5 designs for our Print Store crew to guage
– Work intently with the Print Store crew to create modern, engaging designs that can enchantment to our clients
– Use time administration abilities to steadiness creating as much as10 designs per week with the suggestions and revision course of for beforehand made designs
– Talk with the Print Store crew every day to ship updates on design and revision progress
– Meet with the Print Store crew by way of Zoom frequently, probably as soon as per week
– We usually have devoted picture editors to edit or render our photographs to launch on-line, however there could also be occasions once we want you to do some picture modifying work
Like everybody else within the firm, additionally, you will must innovate frequently – which implies determining methods to enhance high quality and manufacturing pace.
It’s difficult, however enjoyable work that’s going to require plenty of time and job administration, excessive productiveness, and an affordable quantity of individuals abilities.
–Do I want expertise?–
Having earlier expertise managing a high-volume design mission will certainly assist you to succeed with us, however is just not required. Ideally, you’ve been creating art work for others to guage for lengthy sufficient to have the ability to settle for and act on particular suggestions to enhance your designs and make your consumer pleased.
–Do I want a school diploma?–
You positively don’t must have an artwork diploma. It’s cool if you happen to do, however it’s not a prerequisite. You simply should be superior and might produce plenty of designs (from easy and boring to detailed and enjoyable) in an affordable period of time.
–Can I submit my very own product concepts, too?–
Completely! The JLS Print Store is a collaborative crew and we respect and worth your concepts. And, with a objective of launching 10 new designs per week, we can be needing LOTS of concepts.
–Is that this a everlasting place?–
We perceive that everybody has inventive variations and that typically we’re not an excellent match for one another. What we’d love to do is rent you for a assured Three months (assured, aside from not doing all your job, after all) to verify we work properly collectively. If after Three months it’s not understanding, we’d half methods.
But when we work properly collectively, we’re pleased along with your work high quality and output, and you’re proud of us, we are going to hold you on a full-time, everlasting foundation. By full-time, we imply about 40 hours per week.
–Would I ever be engaged on different tasks for the corporate?–
For now, our Print Store can be specializing in stickers. However sooner or later we are going to possible department out into different printable merchandise like greeting playing cards, posters, indicators, and so forth. So you’ll possible be designing art work for quite a lot of niches and merchandise and probably even for an additional division throughout the firm.
Additionally, we usually use a photograph editor or renderer to launch our listings, however there’s a small risk you could possibly do some picture modifying/rendering work for us. It’s unlikely, however we wish to be up entrance in regards to the risk.
–This sounds fairly good, although I’m nonetheless skeptical that this isn’t a pyramid scheme.–
You and the IRS each!
–That doesn’t resolve any of my fears, however what do I must do to use?–
Please full the next survey:
We promise to reply inside 5-10 enterprise days even when our reply is No.
There can be a number of steps on this course of, FYI, together with a protracted written utility, interviews with probably a number of totally different individuals, and (a) paid work take a look at(s). Hiring the fitting individuals is de facto exhausting and really costly if we do it poorly, so we’ve got to front-load the method. I am sorry about that and thanks for sticking with us.
When you’re in our pipeline although, I might anticipate supplying you with a ultimate reply inside a number of weeks, relying on the way it goes. We positively don’t wish to string you alongside, and so long as you do what we ask, we promise to let you know “sure” or “no”, and to not simply ghost you (like all people I match with on Tinder).
Thanks in your time and curiosity, and I hope we are able to work collectively quickly!
JLS Buying and selling Co. supplies equal employment alternatives (EEO) to all staff and candidates for employment with out regard to race, colour, faith, intercourse, nationwide origin, age, incapacity or genetics. Along with federal regulation necessities, JLS Buying and selling Co. complies with relevant state and native legal guidelines governing nondiscrimination in employment in each location by which the corporate has services. This coverage applies to all phrases and situations of employment, together with recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, switch, leaves of absence, compensation and coaching.
JLS Buying and selling Co. expressly prohibits any type of office harassment based mostly on race, colour, faith, gender, sexual orientation, gender id or expression, nationwide origin, age, genetic data, incapacity, or veteran standing. Improper interference with the power of JLS Buying and selling Co.’s staff to carry out their job duties could end in self-discipline as much as and together with discharge.