Find here Today’s Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 16 May 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headline- 16 May 2022
- India reports 2,202 fresh cases, 2,550 recoveries, and 27 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking total active cases to 17,317.
- India to host key SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) anti-terror meet today in New Delhi, three-member Pakistani delegate to participate as well.
- PM Modi to lay foundation stone for Centre of Buddhist Culture and Heritage in Nepal’s Lumbini today.
- India, Nepal to sign five MoUs during PM Modi’s Lumbini visit.
- President Ram Nath Kovind’s four-day Jamaica visit, first- ever visit by Indian head of state commences today with rousing welcome from Indian diaspora.
- Rajiv Kumar takes charge as 25th Chief Election Commissioner.
- International Museum Day: National Museum to organise special events between May 16-20.
- Congress adopts Udaipur Declaration, proposals include 1 Family, 1 Ticket.
- Congress to launch ‘Kanyakumari to Kashmir Bharat Jodo’ Yatra from October 2.
- Cannes XR to premiere AR Rahman’s directorial debut film ‘Le Musk’.
- Flood situation in Assam’s Cachar district remains grim with thousands of people affected.
- Mercury touches 49 degree Celsius in parts of national capital on May 15th, people advised not to venture out unless necessary.
- Anurag Thakur announces Rs 1 crore cash award for Indian men’s team for clinching Thomas Cup trophy.
- Hockey India to conduct FIH Academy Level ‘2’ & ‘3’ Coaching Course 2022 in Bhubaneswar.
- Bathinda girl Shreya Singla makes country proud, wins gold in Badminton at 24th Deaflympics in Brazil.
- Novak Djokovic won his sixth Italian Open title on Sunday after a straight-sets victory over Stefanos Tsitsipas, 6-0, 7-6 (7/5) in Rome
- Switzerland votes to boost availability of transplant organs by making everyone a potential donor after death unless they have expressly say no.
- Singapore President launches new Indian organisation.
- Kim Jong Un slams North Korea’s pandemic response and orders the army to help distribute medicine, as more than a million people suffer from what Pyongyang is referring to as a “fever” and 50 deaths have been reported.
- Former president Hassan Sheikh Mohamud was elected to a new term as Somalia’s president on May 15th, with celebratory gunfire erupting in the capital Mogadishu.
- Spain is poised to join only a few other nations worldwide in offering paid leave for painful menstruation.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप