Find here Today’s Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 9 March 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headline- 9 March 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds telephonic conversation with Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte, discusses ongoing situation in Ukraine.
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha sittings to be from 11 am in second half of Budget Session.
- India’s first women-owned ‘FLO Industrial Park’, 100 percent women-owned and driven, begins operations in Hyderabad.
- India safeguards rights of minorities, essential core of democracy, says Indian envoy at UNHRC session.
- Pakistani student thanks PM Modi and the Indian Embassy in Kyiv for evacuating her from war-torn area in Ukraine.
- Hijacker of Indian Airlines flight IC-814, Mistry Zahoor Ibrahim aka Jamali shot in Karachi, Pakistan over two decades after the infamous hijacking.
- IAEA says it has lost contact with Chernobyl nuclear power plant data systems, voices concern for staff working under Russian guard at the Ukrainian facility.
- Coca-Cola suspends its business in Russia stating, “Our hearts are with the people who are enduring unconscionable effects from these tragic events in Ukraine.”
- PepsiCo suspends production and sale of Pepsi-Cola and other global beverage brands in Russia.
- McDonald pulls out of Russia, says closing all restaurants in the country.
- US rejects Poland’s offer to give it Russian-made fighter jets for Ukraine.
- Russia announces humanitarian ceasefire in Ukraine for March 9, 2022.
- Russia suspends sale of foreign currencies until September 9, 2022.
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro signs decree allowing free menstrual supplies for low-income women and girls, five months after drawing criticism for vetoing a similar measure.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin signs decree prohibiting import and export of products and raw materials to certain countries.
- US President Joe Biden announces ban on all Russian oil, gas and coal imports to the United States.
- South Koreans voting to elect a new President today.
- Ukrainian President Zelenskyy addresses Britain’s Parliament in historic virtual speech, becoming first foreign leader to directly address the House of Commons.
- Energy giant Shell announces withdrawal of its involvement in Russian gas and oil, including an immediate stop to purchases of crude from the country.
- UN Human Rights Chief to visit Xinjiang in China in May, where Beijing stands accused of serious abuses., to prepare for her visit.
See also Patna High Court Recruitment 2022 for 159 Stenographer and Computer Operator cum Typist, Salary Upto 81100
- Former world no. 1 Andy Murray pledges his prize money from tennis tournaments for the rest of the year to UNICEF’s Ukraine appeal.
- Russia’s Football Union lodges appeals against the suspension of Russian national teams and clubs from all FIFA and UEFA competitions over the invasion of Ukraine.
- Australia’s first Test in Pakistan in 24 years ends in draw
- Premier League suspends agreement with its Russian broadcast partner following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.