Find here Today’s Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 14 July 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headlines: 14 July 2022
- India reports 20,139 fresh cases, 16,482 recoveries, and 38 deaths in the last 24 hours, active cases stand at 1,36,076.
- PM Modi to participate in first virtual Leaders’ Summit of I2U2 today.
- Opposition leaders to discuss joint Vice Presidential candidate on July 17
- Telangana government has decided to extend holidays for all educational institutions from July 14 to July 16.
- Statue of Mahatma Gandhi defaced at Hindu temple in Canada, police probing it as hate crime.
- Ex-Vice President Hamid Ansari issues a statement regarding Pak journalist Nusrat Mirza.
- Himachal CM Thakur lays foundation stones of 23 developmental projects worth Rs 90 cr in Hamirpur.
- Sri Lankan Parliament Speaker is yet to receive the Letter of Resignation from President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
- Mustafizur Rahman appointed as Bangladesh’s next High Commissioner to India.
- Sri Lanka’s Central bank warns public on possible risks in crypto trade.
- Peaceful transfer of power within Sri Lanka is essential: US
- British Parliament felicitates BCCI President Sourav Ganguly.
- Indian-origin Rishi Sunak wins first round of voting, 6 candidates to go to round two.
- Sri Lanka lists curfew that was imposed in the Western province after the eruption of violence in the capital.
- North Korea on July 13, 2022 recognised two Russian-backed breakaway “people’s republics” in eastern Ukraine as independent states.
- Russia and Ukraine to hold talks with UN and Turkish officials to break impasse over grain exports.
Health & Medicine
- The BA.5 Omicron sub-variant has the potential to cause reinfection “within weeks”, as per global researchers.
- Scientists develop new mechanism to inactivate COVID-19 virus, block entry into cells.
- French health authorities have published a study confirming a link between nitrates added to processed meat and colon cancer.
- India registers a 3-1 win over Japan in the 9-12th placings match of the FIH Hockey Women’s World Cup Spain & Netherlands 2022.
- BCCI President Sourav Ganguly was felicitated by the British Parliament on July 13, 2022.
- Heatwave swamps western Europe, France is suffering soaring temperatures, blistering heat engulfing Spain and Portugal as wildfires destroy vast stretches of Western European forestland.
- Race against time to find Brazil Amazon species before they disappear due to deforestation, mining and illegal timber extraction.
- Faeroe Islands has proposed an annual catch limit of 500 white-sided dolphins on a provisional basis for 2022 and 2023.
Space & Technology
- The European Space Agency has officially terminated cooperation with Russia on a mission to put a rover on Mars.
- Space tech startup Agnikul Cosmos inaugurated India’s first-ever facility to manufacture 3D-printed rocket engines in Chennai on July 13.
- The US Air Force successfully tested a Lockheed Martin Corp hypersonic missile this week.
READ ALSO: Current Affairs Today Headlines: 13 July 2022
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप
रोमांचक गेम्स खेलें और जीतें एक लाख रुपए तक कैश