Terna, electricity consumption down in October 2022. Even the industrial ones

Triad communicated the data of electricity consumption of Italy of the month of October 2022. According to what has been said, in our country they have been 24.6 billion kWh consumed. It is a given in 6.6% drop compared to the same period of 2021. Taking a snapshot of the first 10 months of the year, the company that manages the national transmission grid added that the demand for electricity in Italy is growing by 0.5% compared to the corresponding period of 2021. 2021 (-0.4% the adjusted value).

The report also looks at i industrial consumption which recorded a decline in the month of October. Specifically, the IMCEI index which examines the industrial consumption of companies defined as “energy-intensive”, records a decrease of 6.1% compared to the same period of 2021.

October had the same number of working days (21) and an average monthly temperature about 2.8°C higher than in October 2021. The electricity demand figure, seasonally adjusted and adjusted for the temperature effect, resulted in a decrease 6.3%. The temperature of the month of October, in fact, makes a modest contribution to the change in electricity demand. Territorially, the October trend was negative everywhere: -7.1% in the North, -6.7% in the Center and -5.3% in the South and on the islands. In cyclical terms, the value of electricity demand in October, seasonally adjusted and adjusted by the temperature effect, is down compared to September 2022 (-2.1%).

Going more specifically to the data for the month of October 2022, the demand for Italian electricity was 85.7% satisfied with national production and for the remainder (14.3%) from the balance of energy exchanged with foreign countries. Furthermore, net national production amounted to 21.3 billion kWh, a decrease of 4.6% compared to October 2021. Strictly speaking of renewablesthese sources produced a total of 6.9 billion kWh, covering 28% of electricity demand, with the following changes compared to October last year: photovoltaic +17.6%, wind -35.9%, water -36, 8% and geothermal -3.2%.

The production of renewable sources was divided as follows in October: 30.4% photovoltaic, 26% water, 15.4% wind, 21.6% biomass and 6.6% geothermal. Despite a significant reduction in demand, the overall decline in the production of renewable sources and imports led to a positive change in thermal generation (+2.6% compared to October 2021).

Terna’s report adds that the program to maximize coal production implemented by the Government to contain gas consumption. In this sense, in October 2022 coal-fired production had an increase of 56% compared to 2021. The import-export balance saw an overall variation of -16.5%, due to a decrease in imports (-10. 1%) and a growth in exports (+107.9%).

See also  More than 6.2 crore Income Tax Returns(ITRs) and about 21 lakh major Tax Audit Reports(TARs) filed on the new e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department

Since the September 2022 survey, Terna has started to add the evolution of the renewable capacity installed in Italy. In the first 10 months of 2022, the increase in capacity in Italy it exceeds a total of 2,350 MWrecording a growth of +143% compared to the same period of 2021.


Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

 
financetin
Logo
%d bloggers like this: